Monday, March 1, 2021

Ugly, Ugly Ugly

 In the past 48 hours I have receive two ugly messages concerning the Covid vaccine.

One because I had taken the vaccine, my second one this past Tuesday,  and one message over my probably "going alone to the Middle East alone blog."

I am amazed at how mad those two people go because I had taken the vaccine( It's none of their business.) 

And the other all upset that I encouraged people to get vaccinated. 

This comes after I read this morning that in a University of Texas survey 44% of Texans either won't be vaccinated or are not sure if they'll be vaccinated.  

Heck, most clinics, hospitals etc. are having a hard time getting people to come back for their second shot. When I was at Baptist Hospital they had several people on the telephone trying to get people to come back for their second vaccine. They told me when I asked that many folks thought that " One should be enough." 

Once again, I wonder how long Covid will be with us with these numbers? 

I am serious that there will be a need for Covid boosters due to new strains of the virus, and I am willing to take vaccine. 

I know some of you are all upset because the vaccine has not been tested that long. I know some of you are especially worried about the long term effects.....Well, at my age, I don't have that long to worry about "Long Term Effects."

At my age and my health, it is worth me taking the vaccine. I Have had 2 friends die from Covid and both died horrible lingering deaths. 

Folks, I think the benefits outweigh the risks. 

That said, I got a bad feeling that with the attitude of some folks, Covid will be with us a long time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...