Friday, October 29, 2021

Halloween-2021

 I am looking at writing perhaps 3 blogs today.

Halloween

Who thought when I was a kid it would become a big a deal as it is now. 

As a kid it was an excuse to knock on doors for candy. And we got bad stuff like candy corn,  licorice, questionable popcorn balls. 

Today, it's a big damn deal.

Who would have thought. A lot of you say it's your favorite holiday now. 

Hell, I even saw an ad on KBMT the other morning for "sexy clothes" for Halloween, model and all.....I sat up at 5AM and took notice. 

I don't know, perhaps because we were beat into our heads as kids that Halloween was bad we didn't make a "Big Deal" over it, but even now the Evangelical Church has embraced the holiday holding parties at their churches. 

Here at the Compound we've not had a "Trick or Treater" since we've been here. Too far off any road, too dark, too far out on the woods, I am not even planning on getting any candy. If one shows up, I'll give them a pickle and send them on their way. 

I don't " get" people liking it as their favorite holiday, but if you do, knock yourself out.

(Even though I made fun of it when I was teaching, Christmas is and will always be my favorite holiday. The religious implications, the 16th Century music, the pomp, the sex toys in a box in Buna, I don't know, it just does it for me....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, I Wrote a Blog on This Over a Year Ago.....And STILL Get Hate Mail....

 And it has NOTHING to do with the Buna ISD.....I was told, "Yeah, they get mad at you, but at some point, even if they don't admi...