Monday, April 25, 2022

Okay, this is Damn Important.....Pay Attention

 Early voting starts today for two propositions on property taxes. Regular election is May 7th.

Prop. 1

A "yes" vote supports amending the state constitution to authorize the state legislature to reduce the property tax limit for school maintenance and operations taxes imposed on the homesteads of elderly or disabled residents to reflect any tax rate reduction enacted by law from the preceding tax year.

A "no" vote opposes this amendment, which would have extended a tax limit reduction to the homesteads of elderly or disabled residents whose tax rates are frozen when they turn 65 or buy a new property.

 

Prop. 2

A "yes" vote supports increasing the homestead exemption for school district property taxes from $25,000 to $40,000.

A "no" vote opposes increasing the homestead exemption for school district property taxes to $40,000, thereby maintaining the existing amount at $25,000.

I generally don't tell you how to vote. But in this case, I am.

Vote YES on both propositions.  

On Prop 1, I know most of you are not 65 reading this, but it will help you one day. And trust me, you'll be 65 sooner than you know. ( I know my old bald head turns 65 this coming August.)

On Prop. 2, I don't know any of you who will not want an increase in your Homestead Exemption. 

Yes, I know May 7th is a Saturday, so get up early and vote before you go to the lake or start drinking at 8am. ( I know, it's happy hour somewhere.)

And those of you worried about the schools losing money, the state has promised to make up funds lost by schools.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...