Saturday, April 2, 2022

Who the Hell is Going to Do It???

 So, I am reading more articles and seeing more YouTube videos on people leaving the teaching "bidness."

I know I had a "flirtation" with a private school for me to teach in their high school, but you know, even really good kids, well, I couldn't do it, and I doubt they could take my "methods." 

Even the  Drudge Report is starting to have stories about the Collapse of American Teaching on it's website. 

The great experiment to try and place everyone online for education turned into a flop......Now teachers only have to worry about cell phones, and other technology in the classroom competing with the actual lesson.....And training kids to have shorter and shorter attention spans. 

When we went to College Station to to see our daughter-in-law's graduation from A&M, I was somewhat surprised at the smallish number of people who were getting actual teaching degrees. And who can blame anyone  not going into teaching now? 

I don't know, maybe a recession will increase the number of people going into teaching just to pay the bills. ( I've seen that before and a bunch of those people sucked as teachers, and left as soon as they could.) 

At one time I used to recommend people getting a degree and going into teaching. No longer, get a degree in which you can quickly pay off your school debt ( if you have any) and make some actual money.

Hell, I used to be asked from time to time which school district I would recommend in this area. And now, I recommend them a district that's the least bad. 

I don't know. Maybe it's just part of the collapse. 

Hell, I couldn't teach today if my life depended on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...