Sunday, May 15, 2022

Question?

 I've made no secret of this, we've even discussed it on the radio show.....

Deb and I go to Israel in a week. 

Not real excited, as many of you know, I am a self-described "historian" and so many of the places that Jesus was at in this trip is " We think this is where Jesus did this." 

Well, I can't get all excited about places that " The Church" " Thinks" might have happen here. 

But, my wife has drug me all over Britain and plans to drag me all over Great Britain again in Spring of 2023.......And she feels like she needs to go on a " Pilgrimage/ Crusade." Well, I'll go. 

I have a funny feeling I will stay at the hotel in Jerusalem a few days and " Let them go." ( I know the hotel is in the consulate quarter of the city.....and who knows maybe I'll go to the British or Irish Consulate and ask for "Political Asylum" in their nation. 

That said, one of the day trips includes travel to the remains of the " Second Temple." 

The Second Temple, with the exception of the Western Wall was torn down by the Romans in 70CE. And is now the "Wailing Wall." The place of prayers by the Jewish community. 

I have ordered a yarmulke( skull-cap) for this trip. 

I plan to do some serious prayer at the wall. And will write prayers to place within the cracks of the wall as is the tradition. 

Here is my question-

If you want me to pray at the Wailing Wall for you, send me a short specific request. Short enough I can place it on the paper to place in the wall. Remember, I probably will have a number of prayers so keep it short. ( Don't pull a Baptist deacon during benediction and ramble on while the rest of us are starving.)

I would prefer if you'd send me a PM on Facebook or an email. 

I figure this is a one time deal at the wall. And Israel.....I figure I'll be back to China before I go back to the Middle East. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the Buna ISD Patrons....I Understand.....

 I was sent a number of messages, off the record, about "liking" the blog. Yes, I understand why you can't like the blog. I kn...