Monday, March 27, 2023

New Buna ISD 2023-2024 Calendar

 So, I look at the new Buna ISD Calendar for 23-24. 

Ain't nuthin' good about it. 

Teachers start Aug. 1st.

Kids start Aug. 10th.

The kids will be in school 3,150 minutes more than the state requires. That is 7 more days. And trust me, the faculty won't be getting extra salary for those days. If there is, I've not heard about it....

I seriously wonder if the kids will actually learn anything in those extra days? In truth, I seriously doubt it. Not in this day and age. 

The trend is going to be for 4 day weeks.  At first I was against it, but the more I think about it, the more I say, " Why the hell not?"

Anyway, just my .02 on my continuing coverage of the Buna Schools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...