Monday, July 24, 2023

Please, Please, Please Buna People, S. Jasper County, S. Newton County, Hardin County People and Stuff and Again I'm Falling from Grace-

 As I posted earlier today, I visited the cardiologist this morning. And nothing yet, I need to have stress test and an ultra sound, both of which will occur in the coming weeks. My EKG of course was clear, and when the doctor checked me over, everything looked " Good" according to him. But, that is without any tests. 

But this is what the blog is about. It seems someone from Buna and knows me from the blog, and Facebook was in the doctor's office, and about the time they were going to introduce themselves, I was called back. 

Please, if you see me, come introduce yourself to me. I'd like to put names with faces in many cases. Also, it has been a while since I have taught many of you, and well, I probably remember the face, but I might be struggling with the name. 

The other day, I was at my GP's ( General Practice Doctor as the British call them, we tend to call the " Family Practice or Family Medicine Doctor" here in America.) and I needed an X-Ray of my neck. The Radiation Technician or Radiation Technologist, as my wife has informed me they are now called, not X-Ray Technician as they once were called..... and my wife who went back to school to become a Radiation Therapist, all that school, all that physics she had to take, to get an addition letter (T) in parenthesis behind their name... The medical field for us laymen can be confusing. 

Anyway, the tech doing the X-Ray was an ex-student. 

And I drew a blank on her name. And she did not introduce herself. I know in professional settings, sometimes you have to keep it, well serious, and professional. 

If I had not had a brain fart, I would have said her name, and hugged her neck...as the late Will Locke told me the last time I saw him, and he hugged my neck. " You never know, it might be our last time." Man, he was so right.    

It was not until I got into my vehicle I remember her name, the year she graduated, etc... 

Please, introduce yourself.....Hug my neck. It'll make me happy.

On my way home from the doctor, today, I stopped at Vidor Jack-in-the-Box, it was getting late morning and at that time, they were the only fast food place serving breakfast, and before I did, went to Brookshire Bros. for some Yellow Beans, corn meal, and a little more Beasley green onion sausage, you can always freeze it. 

As I left, a man stopped and asked " How's your son doing?" And I asked, "I think you have us mixed with someone else," Louisiana plates, I didn't recognize him.... 

And I think he might have had a "pop" or two already. 

He insisted that I did.....

So I told him, " As of this past Friday, he is now an Executive at IBM. " Kind of made me proud as a parent. His Mom, 'Debbie the Good, St. Debbie' would never brag, she'd say something like " Oh, he's just working in computers." And why my wife is making it to heaven and my entrance is well, questionable at best. 

To which the man who stopped me, said, "Yeah, don't think it's the same person..."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...