Sunday, July 23, 2023

Okay Buna, Evadale, Mauriceville, Kountze, Silsbee, K-Ville, Ect. This Should Make You Mad

 So, a "modern" country star has rocketed to the top of the charts because of a video they put out of him in front of a courthouse in which a lynching took place in the 1920s. And CMT took the "star's " song off the rotation.

I question the whole damn mess. 

I wonder if said country star is was/is losing popularity and this entire incident was an attempt to give him a number one hit? 

In other words, the entire thing was manipulated? Don't rule out the possibility.  Keep him at the top?

And I know you are saying CMT has killed themselves, but in truth, who really watches CMT anymore? Other than a few hours of country music videos in the morning, most of the day, it plays bad re-runs. Heck, their ratings are in the tube already. Heck, I can see them as going to another format or even selling CMT altogether. 

Look, I can't tell you  another song the country music star in question sings, and don't tell me one, I don't care. 

I tried to listen to the song in question and it was so poorly sung, so poorly produced, I turned it off about halfway through. 

Then, there is the belief that small rural towns are better than big cities. I've lived in both, and both have their problems. 

Look, small towns got troubles, they don't always take care of their own problems....

There has been a girl missing for months and months and months now in Buna. People know where she is, and not one soul has the guts to come forward and tell who, why, and where she is. 

There are meth, opiate, alcohol problems in every small town and they are the cause of 90% of your crime. There are meth labs all over rural counties and people next door won't say anything. They're not " taking care of it." 

There are adults abusing kids sexually in small towns. How long did my former student abuse boys before someone said something? And I know people still too afraid for whatever reason, to say anything, yet they were abused by him. 

Heck, there are more kids abused than we know. There are 3 ex-students of mine sitting in jail for abusing kids. ( Heck, 4 including the one sitting in state prison. And don't be asking me " Who" in today's open records, it is easy enough to find out.) How many moms or grandmas, or Aunt XYZ knowing about abuse, but don't want the family to be embarrassed, or their child, grandchild etc. to go to jail.

Every small town has a clique. Generally run or the leadership is within the church. And it's not always Baptist. I taught in a town in which it was Lutheran. There are towns in the Hill Country in which the clique is at the " New Methodists" ( Why they decided homosexuality was the sin they would split over, it's because they are involved or have been involved with, fornication, adultery, idolatry( think money or possessions here folks) or verbal abusers....I can go on and on here folks....Look, I did not get job in the Vidor ISD because  my family wasn't a " name" in the town. My dad wasn't a deacon at the Big Church...... It about killed me when I didn't get a job I so wanted. It was given to someone else with a "better" name. It killed me. I was sick for weeks. I was a better teacher, no brag, just fact.....It was a fluke I got my position in Buna, and say what you will, I think I was a better teacher because I had been "cast away" by my own school district. ( And do not tell me that doesn't happen in Buna, I've seen it happen. Knew a kid with the certification, degree in their subject get passed over for another person without the degrees, etc. It about killed them. And they were a Buna alumni Again, politics and the clique. I've seen it more than once....)

Now I was never really accepted. I was told that by people from Buna, that even if I moved across the road from the school, I would " never be from here." And other than it was implied by an administrator that " Most of the school people go to XYZ Baptist Church" I was never invited to any Buna church....Except the Mormons. God love the Mormons and their missionary spirit. But I'm not giving up coffee, tea, and alcohol. 

The economics of a small town are limited. Orange, Jasper, Liberty counties etc are close enough to Beaumont or West Orange or wherever to drive to work and still live in a "small town." That said, Buna ISD is still the largest employer in the town.  STI would be there and would help, but town would be hurting. If not dying.

Drive through many towns in rural Texas. They are dying. There are no jobs, other than schools, and the best and brightest kids leave. Heck, many of the just regular kids, " just leave." They don't want their kids to live how they did growing up. ( And don't tell me " I did" and yes, there will always be people who make do in their hometown.)

The percentage of murders, crimes are not that much different in small towns than big ones, many small towns it is worse because there are no jobs. And add people on some sort of narcotics, I don't even want to think about it. 

Now, I live in the woods, always have. It has its positives, and it has its negatives. It is 40-60 minutes to an emergency room once you call an ambulance. If I were to call the sheriff he might not arrive( Same thing in an urban area, suburban, much better)...I still don't know all my neighbors and I've tried. ( Most I can call on for help) But in Fort Worth, we lived in a blue collar neighborhood of mostly Latino and Asian families. I knew the kids and I was younger and played with the kids( In this day, I would not do that for nothing for fear I'd be accused of something)....One neighbor had problems with his sewer, water system and everyone turned up on a Saturday morning to dig and help him fix it.....His wife ordered doughnuts and coffee/tea for breakfast and pizza and an Asian fruit drink ( along with Cokes) later in the day. Teased one of the neighbors about him eating canadian bacon and jalapeno pizza, his religion kept him from eating pork, and his reply, " Don't tell my wife." And winked. His wife later made us all chicken kebabs. 

There is good and bad in urban and small towns, don't think you are somehow superior and " take care of stuff"  

And don't fall for hatred or you don't agree with businesses. Pretty soon, people will say, " This business is not Christian enough, or this business is not progressive enough." They are playing us against one another so they can achieve fame, or make a dollar, or control people. 

You can never please everyone. 




  



   

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...