Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Buna ISD, and I Got P*ssed at a Board Member....Microwaves, Coffee Pots, Ice Boxes

 

 I shouldn't get upset , but I did. 

I shouldn't care, I really shouldn't.......I should be planning our next trip to Britain. Or Norway, Or hell a cruise to Greenland/Iceland....

But I saw that a member of the board was upset about the Buna ISD and people were airing their grievances on social media. And he came to the defense of the district.....

Here is where I got mad.....Every damn American has the right to complain about their government.....Be it the President, the Congress, the state legislature......Or their local school board. They are all elected officials....They are all politicians. 

That whole First Amendment about citizens being able to....." the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." 

Come on man, come on, the ISD is not good for everyone. And yes, of course, there are people in which the district will never be " good enough," but upset because people are complaining? 

Please. You took the job, expect some heat. 

Is the Buna ISD a good school district? I am not so sure anymore. I certainly don't advise people to send their kids there. This in spite of the fact there are still some pretty good faculty there....But the stuff I am seeing, well, I question....

And the people in the district know it. 

Then, there is the problem of the microwave, coffee pot, mini-ice box being taken away from teachers classrooms and then the kids not having microwaves at BES. 

The district opened up Pandora's Box when they allowed the microwave in the BES cafeteria. Why are they now not expecting blow back for removing them? And I read the notice.....and to be honest, someone should have written a better explanation why they were being removed. ( And don't be complaining about " We didn't have microwaves." Well, people used to ride horses and horse driven carts. I didn't have a/c all 12 years of school.....I can just about imagine going back to that today. It is supposed to be 97-98F on the first day of school. 25-30 bodies stuffed in the classroom? I'd quit.   )

But a politician unhappy because people are griping? 

Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...