Thursday, September 14, 2023

Okay Buna, South Jasper County Folks.....

 I guess I will have to start doing this from time to time as in the last 48 hours there has been a large number of people who have joined " The Govteach Part Deaux" Group on Facebook. 

And to my surprise, there are people who are asking " Who is this cat?"

I was the longtime Government/Economics teacher in Buna, was UIL Academics Director, History Department Chair, heck my proudest moments was when I either won district or had a person advance to regionals in UIL Current Events. Tara Sullivan Laramore was my first to advance to region, and because of that, it sort of morphed into me becoming extremely fond of her and her family. ( As we are apt to say here in the South, " They're just good folks.") I did a little of everything while at Buna, and thus, my interest in the ISD. And I really, really, want the Buna School District to do well, and I make no qualms about calling the school district out. Especially the school board and administrators. 

Yes, I am somewhat religious, and I am still ordained/licensed in a form of Presbyterianism, even though I was raised Southern Baptist and an alumni of one of their seminaries....But, I got well, and left the Baptists, and I am so much happier......I prefer the Presbyterians for several reasons, my genealogy is heavily Scottish-Irish, with a good dose of Coonass and Yorkshire/Devonshire thrown in( Stick around and you'll see a blog or post written from England, Ireland, Scotland, or Wales. We've been 4 times in the last few years......Plus my denomination doesn't get upset with cussing, heavy caffeine usage, tobacco, and alcohol.)

I've been married for 42 years to as one of my Honor's Government classes named her " Debbie the Good, or, St. Debbie" mostly because she puts up with the lunacy that occurs around here daily...We had one child, who is now 35, and our daughter in law is from China. Yes, Debbie and I went to Kunming, Yunnan Province for the wedding. I did not see another " round eye" while we were there other than my wife and my son for the month we were there. Kunming is, as my daughter in law calls it is, " One of China's smaller cities." It has 10 million people. By comparison, Houston-Woodlands-Sugarland area is about 7 million. 

The blog has somewhat evolved more and more into information on Buna, Kirbyville, South Jasper County, and especially the school districts. That said, I may cover any topic I feel like writing about. 

I may get rough, I may swear. No topic is really off-limits, and I am working on one concerning divorce right now. ( I've been asked by a couple of people to cover this topic and in truth, I am having a hard time with the subject.)

If you see something about " Morning Prayer" I still arise and have morning prayer at 4AM every day. I have a list of people, some having tenure, so if you need prayer, let me know, there's is always room for one more. 

This blog, in a nutshell, if this.....A warning. I will at some point write something that will upset you. I'm sorry, it is just the nature of the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...