Tuesday, October 10, 2023

The " War"

 I spent a large number of hours yesterday watching " The Israeli/Hamas War on the TV yesterday, or on the computer.....( If you don't have a VPN, you must get one to stream stuff you can't get around the world. )

So, I've been indoctrinated by everyone from Fox News to Al Jazeera. 

As many of you know, I've been to Israel within the last two years. It might be the only place on earth I won't go back to. 

We spent most of the time in the West Bank. I thought I'd be scared to death... Actually, St. Debbie and I have been in a lot shadier places in Europe.....Hell, Hong Kong....Hell, Beaumont, Texas.....

I don't know, I found " Biblical" sites " " Historically Questionable." I saw mind numbing poverty. And I saw the tour group taking photos of people just trying to live their lives be exploited by the tour. 

The entire place was a tourist trap, including Jerusalem. I understand what it was like on the pilgrimage to Canterbury during Chaucer's time....

And Israeli's really don't like you, they like your dollars, but they see your Christian faith as heresy. It goes against their idea of monotheism.

But I digress. 

It's been a "Powder Keg" over there forever. 

I'm not taking up for Hamas killing, raping, kidnapping, and worst of all, killing kids. But you got 2.3 million people penned up inside an area the size of two Washington D.C.'s.......And they literally can't get out. No jobs, no hope, you get a bunch of young men ripe for radicalization. Literally, Israel, the Arabs, the Persians could have come up with sort of of solution.....But everyone hates one another over there. So, we're going to keep stuff " stirred-up."

I know you Evangelical Christians see this as part of Biblical prophecy somehow, since I was a kid growing up in the faith I was "scared to death" by stories of Armageddon, being " Left Behind." 

Nothing's happened. 

And at this point in my life, I doubt nothing will. And in truth, I question the entire Evangelical view of the " Second Coming."

Heck, during Paul's time, the First Century AD, they expected Jesus to "Show back up." We are 2000 years later, and the Christian community is still waiting. 

I don't know. 

I consider myself a person of faith, but more and more, I question doctrine and theology. 

I am afraid the situation in Gaza is going to be ugly. Mass loss of life on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...