Friday, March 8, 2024

I May P*ss Off Religious Folks......

 And as Monty Python would say, " Now for something completely different."

I was perusing social media the other day and was looking at the number of people, many ex-students who live with their significant other, without benefit of marriage.....And they've been that way for a significant number of years. 

They're actually doing better than a lot of people who are now on wife/husband number 3-4. They are literally a lot happier.

At one time, I got upset with people living together. Old fashion mores. The religious ideology that was beat into our heads as kids back in the 1960s and 1970s. 

Now, I still believe in the institution of marriage, and have been married coming up on 43 years this August, but you know, it doesn't work for everyone. 

And the older I get the more I think about it, it ain't none of my business, your business, how people live, and what makes them happy....It ain't hurting anyone, leave them the hell alone. 

I know I have married folks that have several kids, after living together for years, and invariably, it is often the teenage daughter(s) who want them to marry. ( Not sure the psychology as to why?) And I am happy to do it. 

It has taken me a long while to come around to this thinking, but you know, the older I get, the more I see things differently.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...