Saturday, August 17, 2024

Boys, We Gotta Talk.......

 And when I refer to " Boys" this is how I would address you if you are in my friend group....And have for 60+ years, so don't get all "Woke" and be offended. 

I know the "dress code" for people has changed. I understand that. 

But damn, just damn......What the hell?

Was at a funeral, and folks wearing shorts so damn short.....Men and women.....One younger lady had on shorts so short, I was tempted to ask her " How much?" 

I know it's hot. It's Southeast Texas. It has been hot in August for almost 67 years that I know of. 

I was the only person in the joint wearing a coat and tie, and that includes the minister who spoke. 

And I felt bad about the suit I was wearing. Wondered if it was nice enough?

Now, you don't have to dress like I do. I often wear a sports coat when I go to the doctor's office.  

But guys, some of you need to find a shower, use a little Old Spice deodorant. 

And don't tell me you can't afford it. I've seen the vehicle you are driving.

And the girl you are with, why isn't she saying something? Perhaps she is?

Inside a church, take off your damn baseball cap. I know I've been in European Cathedrals, older men were wearing caps because, well, it was about 50F even with the heat on inside the church....But you're in the United States, our etiquette is a little different, take off your damn cap, damn cowboy hat.....

And the shoes you are wearing. Some of you are wearing sneakers, worth more than everything else you have on....And some you are wearing shoes/especially boots that, well, you don't have to order Saphir Oxblood Pate de Lux shoe polish from France like I do, but a cheap can of Kiwi polish from Wal-Mart will work wonders. ( If you ever go to the "dark side" and buy Saphir polish, the Medaille d'Or in Navy Blue works great on Black shoes/Boots. Makes them " Pop." I polish my wife's black shoes with it.)

And wear a shirt with sleeves. I don't, nor does anyone else, want to see you armpit hair. 

I don't know. Maybe I am expecting too much?


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, Okay, We Go There......This Blog is for 'Some' Buna Folks.....

 So, over the last week, I've had more people show up in my DM's and PM's that well...... These are people I have not a clue who...