Friday, September 27, 2024

Buna High School 'Problems?'

 I know there are people that tell you that the school district is doing "great" well, like every other school district in the state, there are changes so fast, so furious that well, the world is changing and like most of us, schools have a hard time keeping up. 

And I've heard this from more than one source.....

Allegedly, the discipline is just well, trying to be nice here, as one person told me " Was pitiful"......" That the male student body just ignores school administration." And according to more than once source, they're just don't feel threatened by administration.

Which makes you wonder about just what is going on?

Say what you want, I sort of wanted you to be afraid of me. And in 2024, I am sure they'd let me go, but I'd teach some of these Senior boys new adjective, verbs, nouns, and how to string them together. 

And if they protested, I'll let them know I called their daddies " Much worse words....." ( It was called the "Cuss Porch" for a reason. That said, the porch was used more to tell seniors things that the rest of the school didn't need to know. )

Senior boys.....In my mind, you're grown-ass people....And trust me, if needed, the Vidorian can come out in me.... 

There are also stories that between 3-4 teachers at BHS are looking to " Call it a day" and resign and not come back after Christmas. Already some have told administration not to expect them back for the Second Semester. 

Apparently, "  Due to the frustration they feel with being micromanaged and bullied."

Fuck that micromanagement. 

Yes, I am using the American usage, not the Irish pronunciation like I often use. 

Did you hire these people to teach, or be toadies?  Get the fuck out of my way. I know what I'm doing in the classroom more than you. ( No brag, just fact) You're an administrator, "you're chasing the bag." ( As the kids now say) 

I don't know, I really don't.I'm still somewhat Old School. And I know COVID has changed schools, and don't say it hasn't, but you know, I still believe in structure, discipline, and allowing teachers to teach. I know when I was at BHS, the administration stepped away and let me teach. And many times I left some of you in tears. Once again, I've always seen the Senior Year as a transition year. And most of you at some point will turn 18 years old. Grown-ass people, and the state sees you that way too. Just ask the next District Attorney of the 33rd District of Texas. He's give you life-without or put an 18 year old on Death Row in a heartbeat....

People wanting to leave at Christmas......Who, or just what will replace them? Think about that....

Yeah, there will always be people who'll tell you things are " Great" but in reality, there is a lot of "Smoke and Mirrors." 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Negativity....At Buna Schools?

 So, you must have been reading the blog..... Good. Look, I can say stuff other people can't. Either won't because of their kids, or...