Monday, March 10, 2025

The Economy and a Recession.....

 I get up this morning, and the VIX( That tells the economic volatility) is down -26. When it is double digits, it is not good....

And sure enough the stock market futures are down -385 points, Bitcoin was down to $82,000. Wasn't that long ago Bitcoin was over $100,000. 

I just looked back and saw that the Dow futures are now down -421.  That's within about 10 minutes. When the markets open at 8:30 CDT, who knows what will happen. 

I know a lot of people, companies are looking at keeping everything liquid right now ( In cash is liquid) 

And then there is the talk of tariffs, and the yes, no, yes, no...start /stop of the threat of tariffs, if you're going to do it, fuckin' do it. 

Then, the last 2 months people have slowed buying. And the car market, housing market, well, they have slowed too. And a large part of that is interest rates and inflation. 

Dow futures are now at -504...

The American populous now owes $1.2 trillion in credit card debt. And growing. People want that lifestyle. 

Say what you want,  Cracks are forming in the economy.... Layoffs are mounting,  hiring is slowed way down, I know people have hundreds of applications out....consumer confidence is eroding and inflation is picking up speed.

I am afraid it is going to break down to this, ..." Do you have a job? Does your neighbor have a job?" 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, I Wrote a Blog on This Over a Year Ago.....And STILL Get Hate Mail....

 And it has NOTHING to do with the Buna ISD.....I was told, "Yeah, they get mad at you, but at some point, even if they don't admi...