Wednesday, March 4, 2026

Bullies at Buna ISD?

 I am hesitant to go here. 

The world has changed since I long ago darkened the doors of Buna High School. 

And the Lord knows I gave y'all Hell when I was the Gov/Eco teacher at Buna. And I tried to spread out giving you Hell evenly. 

But I know I gave some of you more Hell than others, and to be honest, I saw lost potential in some I rode like a $2 Mule. 

I know I was giving a girl in my class a fit one year and looked in her eyes and thought she was going to " tune-up" and bawl her eyes out.....So I just left her alone. 

A week later she came by during lunch and asked me...." Mr. Thomas are you mad at me?" " You've stopped saying anything to me."   

But, the theme of bullying keeps coming up on social media. Yesterday, bullying at Buna Schools was discussed on a Jasper page. And there were several who added their two cents, most agreeing with the fact that a form of bullying is going on, mostly from other students, but many included faculty and administration in their complaints.  

I know my first year in college band I was hazed like you would not believe. It was just a 
"right of passage" in the 1970s. I gave the Fish Hell my next year, but by the time I was a senior, well, I wound up dating Freshman in the section. And I saw myself as a leader my senior year, and tried to take care of my "Fish." ( To paraphrase Boone from "Animal House" " Hey, you can't abuse that Freshman in my section, that's my Fish to abuse.") 

Again, The Govteach could not teach school today. I could not. As I had a couple I taught tell me " Their kids would literally come home despondent the first day in my class, and would be all downhill from there. "

I am sure I will receive bullying examples and I am hoping I do.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, I Wrote a Blog on This Over a Year Ago.....And STILL Get Hate Mail....

 And it has NOTHING to do with the Buna ISD.....I was told, "Yeah, they get mad at you, but at some point, even if they don't admi...