Bits and Bobs....A British expression to explain odds and ends, often to explain stuff you may carry....Or miscellaneous items, or little tasks.
I may start using this as my blog titles on various subjects in which, I have a mix of information....
- We are getting to the point summer is dadgum near over for teachers. A week before in-service starts. I hated this coming week when I still teaching like you do not know. Oh, I was okay the Monday morning I leave for the opening convocation....But as I have said for years, I would much rather walking into a school and teach kids. Not be bored to death by someone who has not taught in 25 years.
- In my messages, texts, etc. I receive every week, few days a message from a parent I either taught or I know. All Buna ISD alumni....And they are moving their kids out of Buna Schools.
Kids being bullied.
Kids not learning anything.
Buna just not any good anymore.
Are just what they are saying.....Among other things.
Deweyville, Evadale, Vidor, LCM, Lumberton......Whoever or wherever their children will be accepted.
And these as I have talked about have a long time association with either attending, graduating, their family having a long association with Buna ISD.
And I understand. You got to do what you want to take care of your kids. And all school districts are not the same.
Trust me, I have been so many school districts, I understand, and if I was in Buna ISD as the government/economics teacher in 2026, I would be looking for another school district to teach. I know when I retired, I had enough. Today, I can't imagine how unhappy I would be....And I know there were teachers who looked and for whatever reason, wound up back at Buna ISD. Sometimes, you just can't uproot your life and move to Dallas-Ft. Worth, or Austin, or Amarillo......Midland-Odessa.......Ft. Stockton.........Mt. Vernon......
No comments:
Post a Comment