Thursday, August 27, 2026

So, I Am Seeing More and More and This, Especially at Buna....Nekkid at School?

 I turn 70 in a year and every time I time especially, I leave out the second "e" and why, I do not know? 

There are more and more people either taking their kids out of school, or are seriously looking at removing their kids and just homeschooling themselves. 

I do not blame many of you. Buna ISD I am sorry just isn't the same when I was there.  I will receive blow-back. I know. But I don't care, if I don't believe in what I saw when I was there and what is going on now, well,. it just ain't the same. 

If you decided to home-school, get help, join home-school groups or perhaps you are like us, had a certified self-contained teacher grades 1-8 on call when we decided to home-school. 

Then again, my child was born about 32 years old and was 35 walking around as a 4 year old. He had already taught himself how to read long before then. 

Thank the Divine has took after his mother.....

It will be hard at first, heck, it will be hard most of the time, and the thing is, home-school is not the same for every child. 

Some parents will suck, some will give an adequate education, while others will educate their kid like they are applying to Harvard or Princeton. 

I still think if you can, find a high school for your child, public, private, parochial, to send your child, especially if they are wanting to attend university. That is specifically true if you want the child to major in a STEM program in college. 

I know that one person who moved their children to Vidor ISD has already said that their senior in high school child has said that, 12th grade " Government" is " Hard." 

Yeah, gubmint is supposed to be at the 12th grade level. Those of you who had me, know this. And could you replicate my class if you needed? Some could....Most couldn't. 

- Once again we need a quick vocabulary lesson....

Naked- Unclothed and doing something like taking a bath.

Nekkid- Unclothed, and up to no good. 

What happened that the Buna ISD had to come up with some sort of " Dress Code" for parents? 

And I had not thought this...But I was told to think differently concerning the present school administration.

Two thoughts..... 

1. Yes, they really had a bunch of Mommas  showing up looking like " Hell froze over." Not wearing the correct underwear and wearing a shirt that makes it looking like " Two cats fighting in a tow sack" as they bounce up to the school's front desk. 

2. Or as those who are like me who don't trust any government entity. This is a form of micromanagement that extends to the parents.  

I don't know. 

I taught at 4 different school districts, and never heard of a parent dress code. But it is 2026. I am somewhat shocked at what people wear to funerals and to church services now.  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, I Am Seeing More and More and This, Especially at Buna....Nekkid at School?

 I turn 70 in a year and every time I time especially, I leave out the second "e" and why, I do not know?  There are more and more...