Wednesday, September 16, 2026

I Don't Even Know Where to Start.....

 Fred came in from his morning outside romp. Smelled like smoke.....Maybe he slipped off down South Bilbo Road and smoked some filter-less Pall Malls with that Tuxedo cat that lives right behind us. He's sort of a hoodlum. 

( I wonder how many of you reading this even know what a Pall Mall Red non-filter even is?) 

I cannot keep up with the news out of the Middle East. 

The Saudis and the Yemenis are the most recent news makers. The Houthis, officially known as Ansar Allah, are a Zaydi revivalist and Shia Islamist political and military organization that emerged from Yemen in the 1990s. It is predominantly made up of Zaydis, whose namesake leadership is drawn largely from the al-Houthi family.  It traces its origins to the eighth-century teachings and rebellion of Zayd ibn Ali.

 I know, I lost you, just know,  they are a Shia group in Yemen, with ties to Iran. And is Iran is supporting them with weapons.....Which mean the Chinese are giving weapons to Houthis through Iran. 

They have been fighting with the Sunni Muslims in Saudi Arabia for centuries. 

The Sunnis are the Muslims, the royal family in Saudi Arabia. 

Right now, this group in Yemen see a weakness in Saudi Arabia and are taking advantage of it, by attacking the Saudi oil refineries, the oil field, the oil pipelines. Mostly using misslies and drones. 

If the Saudis  are not shipping/producing oil, and right now, they are not, the worldwide cost of oil, gasoline, diesel is going to rise. 

Especially diesel. 

I know many of you are going, but I drive a gas vehicle....

Trouble is, so much production and transportation in this nation runs on diesel. Or another product that is "fixing"( If I can go all East Texan) to be short in supply, aviation fuel. 

All 18-wheelers, all trains, and all nearly all, farm equipment.   

How much will products on the shelves go up as the cost of harvesting, shipping, goes up? Already they are talking about diesel going to be $10-12-15 a gallon in the USA. In Europe, they are talking $15-19. 

Heck, they are talking about gasoline being $8 gallon here in Texas. 

You want to talk about a ruined economy.  

A strong suggestion, if there are any products you may need in the future, canned good, or foods you can freeze, you may look at buying for the future. 

Likewise, you may want to keep a few extra cash dollars available. I do not know how stable the banks are going to be in the future. 

Already both Israel and the Saudis are looking to unite again the Yemenis, and in the southern portion of the Saudi peninsula it has become a ground war. Trouble is the Saudis have hired so many mercenary soldiers, if the war gets going bad, how many of the mercenaries will turn tail and leave the battlefield. 

As I write, the Saudis are bombing the Houthis and the Houthis are expanding into Saudi territory. The US is warning travelers  not to travel to that part of the Middle East. Why anyone with any sense would be going to the Middle East right now is beyond me?

Here is what scares me. 

Do not be shocked if Iran tests a nuclear weapon here in the next few months/weeks, either buying one, or with China's help, producing one. It's closer than you know. 

Get ready folks, Pandora's Box has been opened and I see no way to close it.  

 

 

 

  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Don't Even Know Where to Start.....

 Fred came in from his morning outside romp. Smelled like smoke.....Maybe he slipped off down South Bilbo Road and smoked some filter-less P...