Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Lots of Mail from Several Mad Buna, South Jasper County People......And, Calm Down

 I was somewhat surprised at the number of people looking to get their children out of Buna ISD. Just have " Had enough" with the as one person put it, "the shenanigans the district is pulling."

Some of these people I had in class when I was the gov/eco teacher at Buna, well, they never said a peep in class, and with this present " regime" as one called them,  they have become " Tiger Moms."

We here at the Compound have witness " Tiger Moms" in Far East Asia firsthand, and these SETX versions are mainly concerned with fair treatment of their children, and well, sorry Buna, in my years of association with you, you were the most political most "clique" district I was ever associated with, and while I was there, Magnolia ISD had a financial meltdown. 

And still, for some reason, I always had a love/hate relationship with the place.....

The people who sent me message are done. 

Some have already pulled their kids out hoping for a place in Evadale ISD, others, are looking at moving mid-year, if they can " just find one more spot." as one parent wrote. 

I know some of you are thinking violence is a solution, let me remind you, it'll only get you a free trip to the county hotel, and the accommodations are not like a 5-star Hyatt.  

And I know, the vast majority of you are just letting off steam. But take the high ground. Show some class, even it it is often hard to do so.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buna ISD and " The Clique" ...And the Process.....Part 1

 Brief couple of paragraphs before I go into the blog..... Here is the process of writing, and you remember, I almost write every day. It fe...