Sunday, December 16, 2018

Could Not Help Myself

I could not help myself. There was a place across the highway from my brother's out in Llano, Texas that had these in  of all things, Dr Pepper Machine.

They even had Diet RC Cola. ( RC's diet cola was Diet Rite Cola for years and years...) They also had Crush Orange, Crush Grape, and Hire's Root Beer.

I WAS going to get a Dr. Pepper, but could not pass it up, and the price was right. 50¢. Yes, 50¢ was the cost of cold drinks from the machine.

At one time a RC Cola and a Moon Pie was popular for lunch in the South.....or as a snack.  Part of it was the RC bottle was larger than Coke's or Pepsi's bottle.

Was not bad.

RC has changed their formula. Again.....And tasted very much like a Coca-Cola. ( Pepsi is still awful. I had one about 4 weeks ago.)

Anyway, it has been years since I had had an RC Cola. And out of a machine? I couldn't pass it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...