Monday, December 17, 2018

Texas

You know, it takes events like this to make you appreciate this.......Or even realize what on earth it is like in other places.

As many of you know, Grandma and I visited my brother and his family for Christmas.

It is quite a drive from Orange County to Llano, Texas.

You get to Austin and it is still 75 miles.

And I've traveled to most areas in this state.

El Paso. Amarillo, Heck been to Texline going out of the state several times. Been to the Palo Duro Canyon.

Brownsville, McAllen, Del Rio, Midland-Odessa. Zapata.

Big Bend and Presidio.

Texarkana and Temple.

Paris, Pampa and Post.....If you have never done so, you need to drive down off the Caprock one time in your life...

The only places I can't think of I have been to is Laredo and Waco.....Laredo is, well, sorry Leah, just out of the way.

And Waco....Well, just too many Baptists....

But driving in Europe, makes you realize just how damn big this state is......You can get across 10 counties in a day in Europe if you try...( Seriously, you can do 5.)

Here are European nations that can fit inside Texas.


Here is my beloved England, Ireland and Scotland inside Texas.....


Texas is huge......and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...