Thursday, January 17, 2019

Gillette

I have not used Gillette in years. Too expensive, their razors are not that good, I will shave the beard in the Spring and will use the Harry's razor I bought years ago. German made razors, you can't beat it.

So Gillette has gotten into trouble for basically telling men to " behave."

They are not telling you to stop drinking whisky.....or owning firearms.....or even dipping snuff....

The moral of the commercial is, stop harassing women. Believe it or not women generally don't care for "cat-calls"....They don't care for you grabbing their ass at work.....Or touching them outside a dating, marriage relationship.

Hell, I had a woman grab my ass at work and I didn't care for it.

I am not understanding why the guys are all upset about it. I really don't.

Perhaps they are afraid they may have to cook supper, or wash a load of clothes? I don't know, I grew up with a man who knew how to rattle those pots and pans,( Dad made a chicken fried steak to die for, and his potato salad was stuff of legend.) washed clothes, and scrubbed toilets. And my Dad was a manly man. 5'6" I saw him knock out man who was a threat to his family. As a younger man Dad rodeoed.

I never saw Dad be inappropriate toward a women. And women were attracted to my Dad. He had a way of being nice and letting them know, " I'm not interested."

Dad's influence is why I don't mind rattling those pots and pans( I love to cook)....Yesterday I wondered who else in the world was drinking Irish Whisky while making cornbread and streaming the British House of Commons wearing a Lamar University cap.......Let's face it....No one...

All this said, I do not understand the world presently. I really do not. I am so glad I am in the latter half of my life. I could not date. I do not understand the rules. As I have said many times before, something happens to Deb I will liquidate and move someplace different. I won't marry again.

Ladies let me give you an example of what I am talking about.

I have an ex-student, never married, lives in a large city started to date a lady. According to him they had been out 3-4 times, and no sex had been involved. Just some kissing. On their 4-5th date they go out to a swanky restaurant and he says, " She is wearing an extremely low cut dress, literally looks like Moons over Miami."

As they are having supper, he is doing everything not to look and finally, he succumbs and glaces down, which apparently makes her mad. I think she may have said the old " My eyes are up here."

He did better than I would have. I would have glaced more than once.

If you wear that on a date, isn't the guy you're going out with the intended audience?

I don't think the relationship lasted much after that.

In light of the above I have been doing research on what the hell is going on......And if anything I am more confused than I ever have been concerning relationships.....and in the 1970s when I started dating it was no piece of cake. But now.....

I understand why I now have a Chinese daughter-in-law. The rules there are, well, more defined......and understandable. ( Plus the women over there literally have no baggage, no kids, no ex-husbands, and they are educated and involved in their business. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...