If you are still up tonight, you may want to view the "Super Wolf Blood Moon."
The total eclipse begins at 10:41 p.m. and ends at 11:43 p.m. for the Central time zone. SE Texas skywatchers can see the greatest point of the eclipse at 11:12 p.m.
If you miss it Sunday night, the next total lunar eclipse will be in May 2021. But that one only has 15 minutes of totality and occurs at 5 a.m.
But after that, if you want a supermoon total eclipse visible in the
early evening from the U.S., you'll have to wait until Oct. 30, 2050. ( Sorry, I won't be around)
The full moon in January has other names as well, but Native Americans
and Medieval Europeans gave it the wolf moniker after the howling of
hungry wolves lamenting the midwinter lack of food....
That said, "The ancient always went
into caves during eclipses. They believed it would protected them from the dark effects of the eclipse."
I doubt I am up. I am sure I will be in the "arms of Morpheus."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pay Attention to What is Going On......
I have spoken about this in past blogs. And I really do not know how to put this. Things are going to get bad. Don't put your head in...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment