Sunday, January 20, 2019

Super Wolf Blood Moon

If you are still up tonight, you may want to view the "Super Wolf Blood Moon."

The total eclipse begins at 10:41 p.m. and ends at 11:43 p.m. for the Central time zone. SE Texas skywatchers can see the greatest point of the eclipse at 11:12 p.m.

If you miss it Sunday night, the next total lunar eclipse will be in May 2021. But that one only has 15 minutes of totality and occurs at 5 a.m.

But after that, if you want a supermoon total eclipse visible in the early evening from the U.S., you'll have to wait until Oct. 30, 2050. ( Sorry, I won't be around)

The full moon in January has other names as well, but Native Americans and Medieval Europeans gave it the wolf moniker after the howling of hungry wolves lamenting the midwinter lack of food....

 That said, "The ancient always went into caves during eclipses. They believed it would protected them from the dark effects of the eclipse."

I doubt I am up.  I am sure I will be in the "arms of Morpheus." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...