Friday, January 18, 2019

WE GET MAIL!!!!!!

Yesterday besides making people all upset, I get mail on.......The dating scene. ( Saturday's blog was also a big factor.)

First, I have been married 37 years. I consider myself one of the luckiest people on earth. I am literally spoiled rotten. I pretty much do whatever I want to do...Or not do....

I received notes, letters, messages from people who tell me about the nightmare of dating right now.


As I was told by a reader earlier, it is now a "hook-up" scene. So many people don't want a long term partner. Just " hello, how are you, let's screw."

A guy wrote me this yesterday. " I am dating a young woman and we have been dating for about 11 months and it was starting to get serious.  We had not slept together, and we talked getting married 2 nights ago. She was up front and admitted she had slept with 70-90 guys........I really like her, and she says she is changed, I met her in Sunday School, and we go to church together at least twice a week....Sunday night after church is one of our date nights......Can I forgive this?"

A girl wrote me and said this....." All guys want now is sex. I understand it is a biological drive, and I am not a prude, but I would like a long term relationship. I would like to be married and have children. But I don't see it in my future."

Another female reader wrote " My gay and lesbian friends have more stable relationships than my straight friends."

A male reader said the following " I have given up on dating or marriage. I was just tired of being told " I'm too nice." Just what do these girls want?" ( He is in his 30s, never married. ) " If I was a player I could have all sorts of girls."

The more I get mail like this, the more I understand why we have a Chinese "kid" now. We did not understand at first why, but after meet her, her parents, you realize there are good people everyplace. And there are no " games" being played in the dating world. Dating is seem as it was at one time in this nation, an audition for marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...