Thursday, January 3, 2019

Well, That Was Awkward

I saw a post on this on Facebook, and well, even though I shouldn't, I am going here.

As it was posted, " How awkward is it to see someone you went to high school with?"

Hell, in many cases, it is even worse if you taught them.

Especially if it goes past " How you doing? What are you doing now?"

I'd like to ask stuff like.....

" How was prison?"

" How many husbands/ wives is it now?"

" How many kids by how many different men now?" 

" I seriously thought you were dead?"

" Can't keep a job can you?"

" You know, you may need to seek professional help."

And even if I know who you are after 20-30 years I may not recognize you. And invariably I have to ask "Who are you again?"

And then, there are those who I do recognize, who do not want me to recognize them. And to be honest now, unless I see, speak to you fairly often I am probably not going to initiate speaking to you. That's just the way it somehow turns out.

You have got to remember there are about 4000-6000 of you I have taught in the world. I am not going to remember you, nor may some of you remember me. And please, don't get upset if this happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...