Friday, January 4, 2019

Well, You Never Know What'll Touch a Nerve.....

You know, when I write these things I keep thinking, "Well, that you get some reaction."

But yesterday's blog was not one.

At least, I did not expect it.

Especially the question I pondered on " How was prison?"

I don't know, perhaps it wasn't "PC" enough, or whatever. Maybe because it hit home for some people.

Look, I have ex-students doing serious time.

Including one doing 205 years in " Big Mac" the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester , OK. He's eligible for parole in 174 years. ( He did about 10 crimes, serious crimes including murder)

I have another in until 2032. His crime was committed while he was in my class. Because of his age, the state only gave him 40 years. ( Murder in the commission of a crime......He's up for parole in '19, but already the state has put by the date" not to be paroled due to the nature of the crime.")

I had another student I was quite fond of I tried to visit and they didn't want to see me. Found out they " didn't want me to remember them like that."

Look, go back and read the blog from yesterday. For some of you, there isn't a great deal I know to ask.....Me, I'll talk to you to death about where we've been in the last couple of years....

But touch a nerve?

Come on man.....Stop reading the blog if it's going to upset you.


1 comment:

  1. Someone's always going to be butt hurt about the truth it never fails.

    ReplyDelete

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...