Thursday, January 24, 2019

Well, This Should P*ss You Off

I haven't had anyone un-friend me in a couple of days so, I thought I would try this morning. I am listing to the Der Ring des Nibelungen by Richard Wagner this morning.  So much I looked for a Panzer tank to drive into Paris this morning....

Let's discuss current events.

The State of the Union

Actually it was not called that until 1934 by Franklin Roosevelt. Before then it was called "the President's Annual Message to Congress. " 

And it is required by the Constitution Article II Section III. 

It does NOT have to be oral. It doesn't say when. Or how often.

Thomas Jefferson in 1801 only sent written messages to the Congress.( Jefferson thought it was too much like the English Monarch's opening of the parliament, and if you've ever seen it, the Queen's Opening of Parliament is very similar)  And the "the President's Annual Message to Congress" was only presented that way until 1913 when Woodrow Wilson asked to speak to the House.

It is a not a requirement that a president speaks. In 1981, Jimmy Carter's "the President's Annual Message to Congress" was a written message. Not oral....

And there is no time frame on giving the message.

Abortion in New York.

I see people all upset because New York is going to allow abortions up to the time a child is born.

Is there anyone in who reads this who is a citizen of the State of New York?

I don't know any of you who voted for any of the members of the New York State Assembly.

While I don't want my family to have an abortion, I believe in enough personal freedom not to be telling people what they should do. ( I sure as hell don't want someone from NYC to tell me I can't carry a gun)

Most of you would get all indignant if the state of New York tried to tell the Texas Legislature how to vote.

It's their call, not yours.

( NYC is driving a lot of this. I don't know what most of you are going to do when the 4 major urban areas in this area start to drive everything in this state? In 2020 we may lose a representative ...or 2 to the cities. I'm guessing Austin to San Antonio....)

Lord knows we got our own problems. 

Finally and this doesn't have anything to do with well, anything above.....

I gave Grandma an Ancestry DNA for Christmas.....72% Scotch-Irish....I now know where I get my Mick, Schemie, Frotch, Porridge Wog, Hibe, Groundskeeper Willie from......



No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...