Thursday, January 31, 2019

Well.........

I was shocked.....I wasn't shocked. ( It was the best of times, it was the worst of times......Sounds like the present situation today)

My wife got her DNA test.....finally.

I may as well spit in the test tube and sent it in.

Mostly English, Welsh, Northwest European. No actual "German" showed up, but the NW Europeans, well, they have cross borders over there so much in the last 2000 years that is why England, Wales, NW Europe is all mixed together and a part of Germany is in the map on Ancestry.

About a quarter Scottish-Irish.

And a "just for fun" a few percentage of Norwegian.

So close to mine....

I checked to see if somehow we were distant cousins. ( I wonder how often that occurs? )

We are not. 

I did look at her relative matches and unlike mine, Bob the Coonass, and Hebert( A-Bear) the Crawfish Eater did not appear. ( Once again, I do have an equal craving for oatmeal as I do for rice and gravy)

So, a whole lotta whiteness going on here at the compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hang In There Buna ISD......

 I generally write teachers, students, whoever is associated with the district about this time of year.  When writing this, it is April 30th...