Monday, January 7, 2019

Y'all Think I am Kidding

I know some of you think I am kidding. I know some of you think " Well, if he had the chance, he'd jump at it."

No.

Hell no.

I don't miss teaching.

Oh I miss the kids, sometimes..... I miss imparting "knowledge" on very brief occasions.

Very brief. 

But, the get up and go to school every damn day, teach the same topic 6-7 times a day, the politics, the other bullshit.....

No, I don't miss it.

I did my 30 years. It was almost like being sprung from a long prison term.

Almost. 

And in this day in which every kid has a cell phone.....I wouldn't make the week before someone had recorded something I had said or done and I am in trouble.

As many of you know, my mother is a retired teacher and often we pass by a school when we travel to see my brother in the Hill Country and I often ask " Grandma, do you miss it?" To which she always replies, " Not one bit."

Look, in 2018 I went to Ireland, The People Republic of China in the middle of the school year.....and spent about a month in China....Couldn't do that if I had like a job.

2 comments:

  1. You were a hell of a teacher when you did teach though. You deserve this time in your life.

    ReplyDelete

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...