I know some of you think I am kidding. I know some of you think " Well, if he had the chance, he'd jump at it."
No.
Hell no.
I don't miss teaching.
Oh I miss the kids, sometimes..... I miss imparting "knowledge" on very brief occasions.
Very brief.
But, the get up and go to school every damn day, teach the same topic 6-7 times a day, the politics, the other bullshit.....
No, I don't miss it.
I did my 30 years. It was almost like being sprung from a long prison term.
Almost.
And in this day in which every kid has a cell phone.....I wouldn't make the week before someone had recorded something I had said or done and I am in trouble.
As many of you know, my mother is a retired teacher and often we pass by a school when we travel to see my brother in the Hill Country and I often ask " Grandma, do you miss it?" To which she always replies, " Not one bit."
Look, in 2018 I went to Ireland, The People Republic of China in the middle of the school year.....and spent about a month in China....Couldn't do that if I had like a job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pay Attention to What is Going On......
I have spoken about this in past blogs. And I really do not know how to put this. Things are going to get bad. Don't put your head in...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
You were a hell of a teacher when you did teach though. You deserve this time in your life.
ReplyDeleteKatrina Keel
Delete