You know, you get to that point ......I guess we all do.
It is pretty much inevitable.
Just found an obituary for a friend I went to school with, played in band with, and had recently friended on Facebook.
This is 4 people in the last 2 weeks I know either through Vidor Schools or Lamar who have passed away.
All of these people are within a year of my age.
Then my Mother called and told me about a cousin of mine who has been place in hospice in the last 24 hours.
I know I've been feeling pretty crappy as far as my back and joints, and I know this is from a combination for stuff....including just getting old.
To be honest, I am not ready to go. I still want to see the Highlands of Scotland. New Zealand. Nova Scotia and stay longer. Maybe Hawaii? Maybe Norway?
I don't know. Perhaps it is not foreordained for me to go to some of these places?
The old "Govteach" is a little melancholy this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Teachers at Buna Schools
I hear fairly often from Buna teachers. Many times through back channels. Often, they are afraid that the administration will know it is t...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment