Tuesday, February 19, 2019

It Just Doesn't Stop

You know, you get to that point ......I guess we all do.

It is pretty much inevitable.

Just found an obituary for a friend I went to school with, played in band with, and had recently friended on Facebook.

This is 4 people in the last 2 weeks I know either through Vidor Schools or Lamar who have passed away.

All of these people are within a year of my age. 

Then my Mother called and told me about a cousin of mine who has been place in hospice in the last 24 hours.

I know I've been feeling pretty crappy as far as my back and joints, and I know this is from a combination for stuff....including just getting old.

To be honest, I am not ready to go. I still want to see the Highlands of Scotland. New Zealand. Nova Scotia and stay longer. Maybe Hawaii?  Maybe Norway?

I don't know. Perhaps it is not foreordained for me to go to some of these places?

The old "Govteach" is a little melancholy this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...