And not the good part as described in Dante's Inferno. ( You know, I have read the Inferno, the Paradiso, but never the Purgatorio. I may need to read it.....)
But you Texans have been sinning.
Wallethub has turned out its' states that sin the most.
The report considered variables including violent crimes, sex offenders and hate-crime incidents per capita; number of mass shootings; thefts per capita; binge-drinking prevalence; shares of obese adults, adult smokers, coffee drinkers and marijuana users; casinos per capita; teen birth rate; average time on adult entertainment sites; share of non-exercising adults; and volunteer rate.
Texas is in the "Top 5" of sinning....In at number 4.
And then, apparently to atone for our sinful nature, Texas is in the "Top 10" of church attendance and prayer.
Texas is number 10.
Who is the state with the least sin?
Vermont.
Who is the state with the least church attendance?
Vermont. ( There are Congregationalist, and American Baptist, in Vermont. You Southern Baptists would not recognize the Baptist service in New England. The pastor who stands up to deliver the sermon might be a woman. )
There is a correlation there in Vermont....But I am not sure what it is....
Anyway, it confirms me not going to church.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment