Friday, February 22, 2019

Story Time From Uncle Govteach

In light of the charges placed against the owner of the New England Patriots, "Solicitation of Prostitution. " I am reminded of this story.

True story.

There was a very 'well to do" hotel in Beaumont that no longer is in business. It was "the" hotel for a long time in this area.

I had a friend in college who applied for a night shift desk clerk job at the hotel. Hours she could work, and the pay was reasonably good.

The interview went well, and after the nuts and bolts of the interview were complete, the manager asked if she was " available" for other things?

She did not understand.

The manager explained, we have girls on call, full-time, to 'service' our customers.

However, sometimes they get busy and can't make all the "calls in a timely manner." 

"Would you be willing to step in as a substitute for these ladies?" 

It took my friend a second to figure out what they were talking about, she stood up, shook the manager's hand and told him, "Thank you for your time, I'll seek work elsewhere." 

This was the 1970s. I can't imagine what goes on today.....

That said, I am to the point it needs to be legalized, taxed and the worker's health checked from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...