700 victims. 220 known perpetrators. This includes Pastors, Deacons, Youth Ministers......This took place over 20 years.....
Well, the Catholics have nothing on the Baptists......And you know, there are people who have not come forward. And I hope they will.
The Houston Chronicle and the San Antonio Express News have started a 3 part story on sexual abuse in the Southern Baptist Convention.
Here is the link to the first part below.( I knew it was coming, they've been investigating for a while)
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/Southern-Baptist-sexual-abuse-spreads-as-leaders-13588038.php
Talk to your children. Keep an eye on your kids.....If something is not right with them, well probably there isn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Teachers at Buna Schools
I hear fairly often from Buna teachers. Many times through back channels. Often, they are afraid that the administration will know it is t...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment