Monday, February 11, 2019

What Would You Say....Or Do?

I have seen a couple of those "fun" things on the Facebook in which one asks "What would you say to 16 year old you?" The other asks you to switch your numbers on you age and would you go back?

61= 16.

As I posted in EJ McMahon's post about the switching to 16........" I hated the age 16 to 21. "

Literally hated it.

Oh, I actually sort of liked high school.....and the academic side of college, I really loved my history and government courses....

My personal life was a mess.

I dated someone I should have dumped 6 months after we first started to dated.

I had a job after high school I should have never taken, but family dynamics was involved....and I hated it. 

I was a mess from 16 to 21. Didn't know what I was doing, didn't know where I was going.

I was so busy later in my in my 2nd, 3rd year of college, had 2-3 jobs, going to school full time,  I did not have a date in over two years. I had given up on dating.

When I graduated from college there was no telling what I would have done, or been. I may have went ahead and joined that Anglican Monastery in Dallas. I seriously may have joined the military. ( Maybe, the military was still not taking a large number of people, that entire Vietnam build-up was an influence of them still)

Literally, if my wife had not asked me out, I probably would be at 61 still be wandering. ( And she asked me out...girls, don't be shy or afraid people will think your are somehow crazy, or too forward, or too "easy." If you are interested, it is 2019. Ask them out. You never know...)

No, TODAY is the good old days. I have enjoyed the last 8 years of my life more than at any other time in my life. (Yeah, I am crippled, yeah, I am old, and closer to the end than the start, but you know, other than my wife and my deity, I don't have to answer to anyone...and my wife is easy to please.)

No thanks. I don't want to do that 16 to 21 again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...