So, we got a trend going now. I don't know, maybe the correct term is "bandwagon."
And I am talking about those of you who are now asking for financial donations to some charity group on your Facebook, for your birthday.
1. I can't afford to give money to everyone......So, I give it to no one.
2. About 3/4ths of these organizations I have never heard of, nor do I know the actual percentage that wind up with people who need them.
3. We already donate to charities. Disabled veteran's group, an organization that helps children, and religious groups. We are tapped out there.
4. I have stopped wishing people 'Happy Birthday" on Facebook. I just have, most of it, to avoid the donations.
5. Don't tell me about the charity. I don't care. I don't....Who I donate to is between, me, my wife, my conscience and my God.
Okay, I've gotten that off my chest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment