Wednesday, February 6, 2019

You and Your Damn Birthday

So, we got a trend going now. I don't know, maybe the correct term is "bandwagon."

And I am talking about those of you who are now asking for financial donations to some charity group on your Facebook, for your birthday.

1. I can't afford to give money to everyone......So, I give it to no one.

2. About 3/4ths of these organizations I have never heard of, nor do I know the actual percentage that wind up with people who need them.

3. We already donate to charities. Disabled veteran's group, an organization that helps children, and religious groups. We are tapped out there.

4. I have stopped wishing people 'Happy Birthday" on Facebook. I just have, most of it, to avoid the donations.

5. Don't tell me about the charity. I don't care. I don't....Who I donate to is between, me, my wife, my conscience and my God.

Okay, I've gotten that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...