Thursday, March 21, 2019

Google

I often wonder why Google does the things it does. But to my suprise, today, I was actually interested in the " Person of the Day ."

Today is the 334th birthday of Johann Sebastian Bach. The Baroque German composer. Born this day in Esenach, Thuringia, Germany on March 21, 1685....

At one time, he was my favorite "Classical" composer, but Handel, Byrd, and  Claudio Monteverdi, especially Monteverdi's  Madrigals became my favorites..... ( Nothing better than countertenor Phillip Jaroussky and soprano Nurial Rial singing Zefiro Torna, oh di, soavi accenti( It is a about the winds bringing Spring to the land....appropriate today....

So, today on the birth of J.S. Bach I leave you my favorite piece Brandenburg Concerto.   No. 6 in B-flat major BMV 1051- 3. Allegro. You may recognize it, it was for years the opening tune for American Public Radio, who originally produced A Prairie Home Companion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RaGcWX5mrU

 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...