Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The Test

Okay, Okay, I know, I have not posted in a a few days. I needed a break.

And if you ever need a steak and you are in Flatonia, Texas, eat at Robert's Steakhouse.

Today the STAAR or TASS or whatever the test is being called for the next 10 years will be given all over the state of Texas.

I know for some students to go to the next grade, they need to pass.

Trouble is, I wonder if the tests are actually doing any good?

I remember being in an in-service one year, a prep for the the state test and the the "teacher" of the class told me, " That you can always do better no matter the score the Social Studies Dept made."

I told her, " We cannot, we were the only school in Region 5 that made 100% on the Social Studies exam."

She got mad.

And I found out later she said something to my principal about me being "Insolent."

The lady was wrong, the correct word is much stronger.

It's time for the tests to go. I see no purpose they serve.

I am convinced that some schools cheat. I am convinced that the test is not fair. I am convinced the kids are learning less due to the exams. I am convinced someone is making money on the deal that shouldn't.

That said, good luck on today's exams.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...