Monday, May 6, 2019

36 Million Americans

When you put it this way, it makes you really think about people.

That is the number of Americans who have never left their home state.....Then again, I taught people who had never been to Beaumont....Much less Houston...

176 million Americans have never been in more than 10 states in the United States.

Now, if you lived in a larger one out west, or lived in say Alaska or Hawaii, it really brings it home, but that is most of the American population.

133 million Americans have never been outside of America.

33 million people in America have no desire to go anyplace. 

The latest survey was paid for by a luggage company. 

The survey says that 3/4ths of American want to go someplace, but many can't afford to do so....I wonder if they have really looked at travel prices? Or they have so many notes to pay on $70,000 vehicles, boats, 4-wheelers, a house that is too expensive that you bought anyway? 

I wonder, I really do....I worked with a man who was the World Geography teacher who had never left the state. And all he wanted to talk about in his class was baseball and football teams he coached. He had no desire to travel, and didn't know the capitals of places like Russia, Britain, France.....( Thankfully, he moved to Crosby ISD to teach.)

I worry about this country...

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...