Saturday, May 18, 2019

Aw Hell, Kirbyville Schools

You know, I could write on South Jasper County every single day, you never know what is going to happen.....And I had originally planned to write/post this story Friday afternoon, but we lost lights in Lemonville for almost 6 hours. Gulf States( Entergy's old name) kept our power on in one the worst thunderstorms in a while last week.....But the sun shines and is pretty, Lemonville's electrical grid fails

I was speaking to a friend who is still in the education field this past Thursday when they informed me that " Kirbyville is talking with their Superintendent about a retirement package."

What the hell is a "retirement package? " Why didn't the Buna ISD offer me one?

When you retire from a school, you just go, you generally are not offered a package when you go....Oh, I was given a clock that no matter what I do, stays behind 5 minutes, even when I set it ahead....

And then, the media was talking about the Superintendent "being allowed to retire." 

That's not how any of this works......If you have your points in with TRS( Teacher Retirement) you are allowed to retire from the school 'bidness.' ( Points are a combo of years working in schools, with your age.) You pay into TRS. Schools can't tell you, " You can't retire."

I wonder if the retirement has to do with the lawsuit being brought about by Dennis Reeves' family?

I wonder if the "retirement package" is the KCISD just paying off the the remainder of the Superintendent's contract?

The taxpayers  in KCISD deserve answers. In the end, they are paying for all of this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...