There I said it, you got school age children, most of you are raising a bunch of pussies. ( Not all of you, but a considerable number.)
A local school district had a bus driver "turn off the a/c and not let the kids put the windows down." The kids were noisy. You know it must have sounded like a riot inside of that bus, and yes, no windows down was a bit much.....When the hell did school buses get a/c?
That said, in the early 70s, my regular bus broke down towards the end of school and we had to ride on a 1949 GMC bus. It smoked like a cigarette fiend into the bus, was short about 10 of the normal seats , all the windows were rusted shut, and it sounded like a 747 on takeoff going down the road.....
It was hot, smelly, we sat 4 to a seat and the damn VISD Transportation had us on that bus for 3 weeks. We rode that 'yellow dog' until the last day that year....
You know, if your kids sat down and behaved themselves, they would have had the a/c on....
And I read the comments......I'd want to " whip that bus driver." " Or get them fired." ( Trouble is, who wants to do that job? )
I still know people in the school 'bidness' that have not retired as of yet, and I spoke to one yesterday about this same, parents protecting their kids over every little thing.....
And I came to the conclusion.
I could not teach today.
I could not be " Mr. Thomas" and " Ride in like Satan on a red horse" the first day of school.
I could not put above my classroom door the saying to Dante's Inferno like I had. ( According to Dante, it's on the gates of Hell.)
Abandon all Hope
Ye who Enter Here -
I could not walk into that one Freshman class I would be saddled with from time to time and bellow on day one....
"I HATE FRESHMAN!"
One of my greatest moments, in life, was I yelled that at a class of Freshmen and 2/3rds of the class changed their schedule. I had about 8 kids left. ( You know who figured me out the first day as a Fishman? Deanna Brabham.....she wound up taking me for 3 classes including two Honors/AP classes...She knew I had a weakness for church history......and chocolate chip cookies.....)
You know why they are called "Fishmen? Half the boys have not figured they need to take a bath on a regular basis, and smell like dead fish.....Don't laugh, Suckmores are just second year Fishmen....
Nope, I couldn't do it anymore....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"It Never Set In How Much Buna ISD Effected My Children"
Shortly after I posted yesterday's blog, I received these messages- "It never set in how much Buna ISD was negatively affecting my...
-
" Excuses are like assholes.....Everyone has one....And they all stink......" I am going to digress before I talk about Buna Scho...
-
Again, this is being written under the influence of 70s Rock....Particularly, Led Zep... .Kashmir, Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog,...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
No comments:
Post a Comment