Friday, May 17, 2019

I'm Sorry Your Kids are a Bunch of P*ss*es.

There I said it, you got school age children, most of you are raising a bunch of pussies. ( Not all of you, but a considerable number.)

A local school district had a bus driver "turn off the a/c and not let the kids put the windows down." The kids were noisy. You know it must have sounded like a riot inside of that bus, and yes, no windows down was a bit much.....When the hell did school buses get a/c?

That said, in the early 70s, my regular bus broke down towards the end of school and we had to ride on a 1949 GMC bus. It smoked like a cigarette fiend into the bus, was short about 10 of the normal seats , all the windows were rusted shut, and it sounded like a 747 on takeoff going down the road.....

It was hot, smelly, we sat 4 to a seat and the damn VISD Transportation had us on that bus for 3 weeks. We rode that 'yellow dog' until the last day that year....

You know, if your kids sat down and behaved themselves, they would have had the a/c on....

And I read the comments......I'd want to " whip that bus driver." " Or get them fired." ( Trouble is, who wants to do that job? )

I still know people in the school 'bidness' that have not retired as of yet, and I spoke to one yesterday about this same, parents protecting their kids over every little thing.....

And I came to the conclusion.

I could not teach today.

I could not be " Mr. Thomas" and " Ride in like Satan on a red horse" the first day of school.

I could not put above my classroom door the saying to Dante's Inferno like I had. ( According to Dante, it's on the gates of Hell.)

Abandon all Hope
Ye who Enter Here - 

I could not walk into that one Freshman class I would be saddled with from time to time and bellow on day one....

"I HATE FRESHMAN!"

One of my greatest moments, in life, was I yelled that at a class of Freshmen and 2/3rds of the class changed their schedule. I had about 8 kids left. ( You know who figured me out the first day as a Fishman? Deanna Brabham.....she wound up taking me for 3 classes including two Honors/AP classes...She knew I had a weakness for church history......and chocolate chip cookies.....)

You know why they are called "Fishmen? Half the boys have not figured they need to take a bath on a regular basis, and smell like dead fish.....Don't laugh, Suckmores are just second year Fishmen....

Nope, I couldn't do it anymore....






No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...