Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sunday Morning Special

I was asked to do this, and I seriously don't know if I need to be or not, but what the heck, a devotional for us 'Nones' and 'Dones.'

For years and years, especially in Southern Baptist, other Evangelical denominations.

It is the idea of " Intercessory Prayers."

The term has changed in recent times to " Prayer Warriors."

And I believe in praying for others, and I actually have a list I keep. And there are permanent members and there is a constant rotation going on...

I also believe strongly in what Christ said in Matthew 6:5-6.....
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. "

That's why when I am asked to pray in public, it is quick. 

I don't want to be like those deacons who pray for 15 minutes at the benediction. 

That said, while God answers all prayers, sometimes the answer is "No." 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...