Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Hillbilly Jesus

I have to be ugly to Baptists, well, more and more....I don't know, perhaps it is because I grew up in the denomination and well, it "Just ain't going anyplace."

I had to tell someone this morning that heaven, whatever it entails, is pretty much like being Baptist....And I assume they meant Southern Baptist....

I had to correct them and ask them....

What you going to do when there are Catholics, Presbyterians, Methodists, etc up there?

What you going to do when there are Black, Brown, Yellow folks up there? ( Gotta quit saying yellow, my daughter in law is whiter than me)

What you going to do when the place is being run by a guy dressing and acting like a " First Century Jew?"

Jesus ain't up there setting up a WMU, RA basketball, Sunday night casserole supper, wearing bib-overalls and dipping Copenhagen.....

Sorry Baptists, but in the Christian world, being Southern Baptist, any type Baptist in a very minor denomination in Christianity.  There are are 14-15 times more Orthodox Christians in the world than Southern Baptists...and how many Orthodox Christians do you know? One? Two? None? And that is just one denomination.....and outside the Southern U.S., it's hard to find a Southern Baptist, heck a Baptist.....

The world doesn't revolved around your beliefs.....or denomination....

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...