Wednesday, May 15, 2019

You're Sexy?

Well, it depends on who is reading this blog, I guess.....I know, well, I certainly am not.....Nor do I try to be....

No, there is a survey that says that the " Sexiest accent is a Texas one."

No, that's not you.

You have a hardcore East Texas accent.

Sadly it's a mixture of a Mississippi, Appalachia accent.

Trust me, when I travel they always think we are from everyplace but Texas......East Texas Hillbillies with college degrees, and all sorts of letters and certificates behind our names.....

No, the Texas accent they are speaking of is west of the I-45 corridor.

The old San Antonio, Dallas, Ft. Worth,  areas.....At least the people still with the accent.

In the urban areas, the accent is gone. Or going quickly. My child has lost his.....As a matter of fact when we met a couple of his "Yankee" girlfriends in the past, one was shocked at the way we sounded, and the other thought we sounded " quaint." ( Being nice for an ignorant redneck)

Sorry, it is not your accent.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get a "stiffy" listening to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...