Thursday, June 6, 2019

75 Years

Today is a milestone in history.

75 years ago, American, British, Canadian, and French troops stormed the coast at Normandy to retaken Europe from Nazi Germany.

D-Day.

If you want to know what it was like, I suggest you watch the first 30 minutes of " Saving Private Ryan."

I grew up with a generation whose fathers were either World War II vets or Korean War vets.

My dad's favorite brother received a "Million Dollar Wound" in Normandy about 2 weeks after they moved into the Hedgerows section of the peninsula.   ( He was hit by a German mortar shell. ) And was sent home. ( He wouldn't talk about it.)

You just don't know what some people did for us so we can have the lives we have today in this country.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...