Wednesday, June 5, 2019

How a Purge is Done

I would be amiss if I did not explain how I do a purge. Or perhaps some of you want to know, so you can be purged the next time.

First, there are people who get purged because, I look and wonder, " How did I friend this person? I have not a clue who they are?"

Second, and I hate to be so base in this determining factor.

I will probably go to Hell for this, but I just never really liked you.

And you'd be amazed at how easy, or how hard that actually might be. ( For me to like you)

If you are a former/present faculty member I worked with and I am friends with you on Facebook, consider yourself lucky. Most people I worked with I tolerated at best. I either think you're very bright, you're cool.....Something....And they are very few.

I am friends with like 2 people from high school.

I looked last night and saw I was a friends with a former girlfriend and decided, " No...Just no."

Third, I may agree or disagree with your political stance, but if I try and engage you in a debate, don't reply by saying......

" Thomas your a idiot."

First, you made 3 grammatical mistakes in the statement. It should read.....

" Thomas, you're an idiot." 

God forbid I go into a long dissertation on the economic reasons why you are incorrect.

Either don't reply, or try and make a rational reason why I am wrong.

This going into the tribalism that you "just know that you are correct," with no reasonable answer is why we have troubles in this nation now. ( "I'm right because I just am.")

We have got to find some sort of common ground or some sort of compromise or this is all going to come apart......




No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...