I know, I know, and I know some of you have left this part of the world to get away from the heat.
Colorado, Maine, wherever.
Today's the first day of Summer.
It won't cool down until November.
Some of you just are not happy about anything. And it being hot in Texas being one......
I've been in Texas for 62 years this August and it has always been hot.
Some of you are just not happy about anything.....
I know some of you long for the "good ole days." You want to turn back the clocks to the way it was in the 1950s....
It wasn't that good back then....Trust me.
There was no internet, no cell phones, hell our land lines were often party lines, phones in which you shared a line with other people. There was 3 TV stations, and Channel 4 was always fuzzy.
People were still dying from measles, whopping cough, mumps. I went to school with a guy who had mumps at age 13, made him sterile. His wife left him due to he couldn't produce children.
And air condition? Come on man, I graduated high school and there was no a/c. I didn't own a car with a/c until the 1980s.
Come on, Texas heat convinced me I need a job in an air condition setting....Thus, going to college....
Kwitchurbitchin', it is the "good ole days." Today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pay Attention to What is Going On......
I have spoken about this in past blogs. And I really do not know how to put this. Things are going to get bad. Don't put your head in...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment