Friday, June 21, 2019

Hooter's

I hope I can get through this minefield that I am about to write on without it totally blowing up in my face.

A couple of events have 'inspired' this blog......And while they are separate events, they involve somewhat similar ideology.

I saw a post the other day on Facebook by a person who went into a dissertation about why men shouldn't be looking at women, they are not "with."

This is especially true in the woman is wearing a bathing suit or shorts or any other skin revealing item of clothing.

I am sorry, but this is an evolutionary reflex that has been instilled into men over millions of years of being on the earth.

Sorry, it just is....

If there was no "looking" on both sides of the sexes, there would be no more "people."

Now, I understand you being uncomfortable if the man goes beyond a simple look to an ogle. Especially one in which the man has drool dripping off his chin.....

It is a difficult thing sometimes being a man teaching 18 year old people. 18 year old females in particular.

There is nothing more distracting to a male teacher than an 18 year old student deciding to wear a much too short skirt, sitting on the front or upper rows of the classroom and while the instructor is in a " Churn and Burn" lecture, the skirted student forgets she is supposed to sit "ladylike" when wearing a dress....It is a bit distracting to discover the student is wearing light blue underwear that day.

It is why I moved my lectern into the corner of the classroom. Facing at a diagonal.....In that way, the student would maintain some dignity, and the instructor would not be embarrassed himself.

Things occur when teaching in which you wonder if the idea of being with a student for a longer period of time, there is an idea of Parentis, sicut vidisti?

One day, late in the school year, I had a female student ask if she could leave her dress clothes in my room, so she could change into them later. ( She had some dress up event at the end of the school day.)

"Of course you may," and she hung them in my closet.

Towards the end of the day, during my conference period,  she came, got her clothes out of my closet, and went to the bathroom to change. I even suggested she lock herself in the faculty men's room and change in there. It had a fairly nice mirror.

She came back to the class, dressed in a nice business type skirt, blouse and blazer.

And almost immediately, upon her return, she says, " I forgot to put on my hose."

She then reaches into her bag and pulls out a pair of pantyhose. And rather than put in the bathroom, she proceeds to pull the bottom of the skirt to her waist and put on the hose.

Right there....

I am sitting at my desk and immediately look down at my desk, like I am looking for something...Anything.

Now, for you men not understanding the concept of the pantyhose, it is a often a long process. It is like skinning a deer....backwards....

Every husband knows what type of a job putting pantyhose on is, and if they do not, they have missed out on being a good husband...As I am certain that in the "Husband's Job Description" is watching a wife getting dressed, or even better, undressed is mandatory.

I know it took her I know a week and a half to get those hose on....The whole time I am asking myself, " Do I leave?" " Do I keep looking down until Jesus returns?" ( I had 3 other students in the class, all female making up exams. All oblivious to what is going on behind them....and the classroom door was shut to try and eliminate hallway noise.)

Thinking she was done adjusting, and I thought she had sat down on the couch, I look over to see her with a foot on the couch, with the skirt pulled to her hip trying to get the wrinkles in the hose right.

If a photo was taken, it would have been included in any men's magazine in the world.

I can't remember being more embarrassed.  I know my face was beet red....The entire time, she was just a talking to me, like, this is an everyday occurrence....

That said, I couldn't wait for my wife to get home that evening....

"So, what about 'Hooter's'  in the title Mr. Thomas? "

I had a talk with a former student and he and I decided we need to meet one day for lunch...Or perhaps an early meal after work.

And his suggestion was....." Well, I work near Hooter's." " And I love the wings."

Now I know Hooter's is a fine example of American Capitalism.

I know that often parents take their Little League teams to Hooter's after the game to eat....As someone explained it to me, it was often an " Additional treat for the men who were coaching the teams."

I've never been.

Trouble is, I now know some of the waitstaff, and would be tempted to look, hell, I would look. And afterwards, once again, would have the feeling of well, being ashamed. And I know " looking" is supposed to be part of the experience.

But someone you know, someone you are not in an intimate relationship with?

I think if we actually go out to eat, I may suggest the "pretend" Chinese place across the street.







  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...