Saturday, June 22, 2019

Hooter's- We Got Questions-And a Follow-Up

The blog yesterday was read pretty widely yesterday....I was amazed at the amount of questions and comments I received in both email and Private Comment versions......

- "Mr. Thomas, are you exaggerating just a little about the pantyhose story. "

You  know, there is another teacher and I who would discuss the loony stuff that would happen to us while we teaching....And we both said at the time, " We need to write a book."
That said, we would conclude at the end of the conversation, " These stories are so wild, no one would believe us, and the book would wind up in the fiction section of the library."
As I told you people for years, "You can't make this stuff up."

-"I wish you would stop using foreign phrases."

Non amo ut palam libralter educatis et ignis non  extinguitur ( Again, I am a waste of a seminary education)

 - Do you think the ( pantyhose) incident was done for you benefit? 

You know, your ego would like to think so, but in reality, I think they were a bit naive.

- "I wouda looked." 

You can't. You just can't. I know some teachers may have looked, but look, part of my job is to try and protect you.

- "What d you mean by wanting your wife to come home?" ( After the pantyhose incident)

Really?

I mean really?

You're married, ask your husband.

I started to write a number of incidents that occurred while I was teaching school. Many of which are just mind blowing....But I don't have time to write a 7,000 word blog....If you want me to tell some more "Tales from the Chalkboard" let me know....

One quick one...

One year when we went to UIL Academic Regionals, it was an "All-Girl" affair. ( And me)
We had two vans I drove one and another was driven and manned by a couple of female faculty members.

My van was the "Senior" van.....All seniors.

In the back row sat one girl who decided she needed to " moon" the other van, and it seemed like every time we got into the van after some sort of stop you could hear her pants being pulled down in the back....

It was like " Whoooooosh!"

I would yell at her and tell her to "put your pants back on" each and every time I heard those bluejeans drop.

They don't train you in college for stuff like this....

All I could think of was two things...

1. "How am I going to explain this to Coach Mac if she actually does it, and we get stopped by the police? "

2. "Man, I bet you're fun in the backseat on a date...."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...