Monday, June 24, 2019

So, Let's See...And I Worry About You Boys and Girls....

I am in-between the series of " Tales from the Chalkboard." I may have another one up either this afternoon or sometime in the morning.....

So, in light of the single ladies & guys on the Facebook, wondering what the world they need to do to find someone that will even date them, I got to thinking at about 2am about what it was like, 40+ years ago....

Sadly, it has not changed much.

I have in the past dated some people that were just toxic.

Just soul killing.

I dated a girl for a while only to discover that she already had a serious boyfriend, and the boyfriend was okay with her dating someone else. ( He lived in another city)

Needless to say when I found out, I told her " What the hell is wrong with y'all?" And dumped her like a hot potato. ( Jim Morrison was correct, people are strange)

In those days, it might be the same way, it was horrible to pick up the phone and try and ask a girl out for a date.

You would often walk by the phone, look at it, get all sweaty, even practice for hours what you would say to the girl.....And in spite of all the worry, all the practice, there was a good chance the answer would be "No."

I will never forget, I had a long riding around the back roads with a friend on the same subject of, " Can't buy a date."  It was kind of reassuring it wasn't just me....It wasn't just "me."

By the way ladies, you missed out, the friend is now a multi-millionaire.

So, there was a time period of two and a half years I didn't go on a date....Threw myself into college and was working at time 2-3 jobs, often 50+ hours a week.

I wasn't even looking when my wife found me, and asked me out....That will be 41 years this coming Fall.

Don't give up.

I know some of you are people of faith, some of you are not, I am still praying for you.

You never know when it will happen, and sometimes, it just falls into your lap....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...